Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Eternal Sweetheart

My husband is a good sport. Any man who lives with 3 women (1 wife, 2 teenage daughters) has to be! Since our move to North Carolina, he's been picked on more than usual which is saying something. There was the time I took the picture of him in his sleep mask (because he worked nights and slept during the day) and JJ posted it on Facebook...


Or the time we filmed him falling asleep in church. (Sadly I don't have that video anymore). And the countless times he's said something completely innocent and the 3 of us start giggling and can't stop. Usually he just stands there and stares at us.

But he's also full of awesomeness. He took us to dinner and the movies because he knew we needed to get out of the house. He bought JJ ice cream to reward her for working so hard in school. He took Jordin to Waffle House for no other reason than he wanted to spend time with her. He hugged me while I cried when I found out we didn't get our home loan and I had a minor panic attack. He danced with me in the living room just because. He sings along with us at random times and he can still make me laugh after 13 years. Not just chuckle, but really big belly laughs. I've found it's the little moments like these that the love I feel for him completely overwhelms me. 

I want our daughters to understand how lucky they are to have him as a father and pray that they marry someone just as wonderful as him. I want our son to turn out just like his dad. I can't think of anything better than that for him.



Thank you Greg for 13 wonderful years. I can't wait to spend the rest of eternity with you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Go ahead, write one!