Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Superwoman Saturday: Week 3



I guess it's time to get real. This wasn't a good week for me at all. 

Monday I had team meetings all day, including lunch out. 

Tuesday was another round of team meetings followed by dinner out. 

By Wednesday I was burnt out and overwhelmed with all the work I needed to catch up on. I was supposed to cook dinner that night but it wasn't going to happen. So...we had burgers and fries from a great diner up the road from us. Plus I fell back on my favorite comfort food, dry roasted peanuts and plain M&M's. 

Thursday was better. I finally got my head back on straight. I thought about what happened this week and realized there were several "areas of opportunity" for me to work on. 

The falling down is just as important as the getting up. Because it's the areas we fall down in that we'll be more careful with going forward. 

I now know that when I have a stressful week at work coming up I need to have a plan so I don't fall back on the trap of eating peanuts and M&M's. 

I need a plan for eating out with my team because it's going to happen again and again.

Mostly I need to shake off this week and re-focus on my objectives. I need to remind myself that one of my goals is not to beat myself up when I fall. I'm learning to love myself now while striving to become better. 

In this one thing, I succeeded this week.

I went out Thursday night and bought Jillian's 30 Day Shred and Yoga videos. For the next month they are my workout plan. I've heard over and over again that they are great workouts, plus they're only 20 minutes long (the yoga is 30 minutes) so I have no excuse not to get them done.

I'll let you know next week how it goes....if I can lift my arms.

...................................................................................................................................................................

If you have something you would like to work on please feel free to link up and grab my button to add to your blog. I can't wait to hear from all the other Superwomen out there!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Go ahead, write one!